MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Friday, February 24, 2006

My Dad!



Last weekend my Dad and a very old friend of the family (old as in time of aquaintance rather than actual age of said person) came to stay for the weekend in Brussels. It still amazes me that an 81 year old with 2 artificial hips and a pacemaker can make the journey from deep darkest South Shields to damp dark Brussels. Anyway, he has just recently aquired the taste for Belgium beer ... hmmmm ... beer! This is him sitting in a small bar in Mechelen contemplating life. (BTW, all photos are taken with my mobile phone so no comments please). They had a wonderful time here and even managed to see a gig of mine (sorry Andy). It was the first time he has seen me play guitar and sing (at the same time), he grunted in a manner which I believe was of a positive comment so good news there then.

The next time I will see him is at my Wedding in May where I will be performing again .... might play well enough to get 2 grunts ... you never know!

3 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must be the most positive sound you've heard after one of your songs. I promise not to be this cynical all the time.

 
At 11:38 am, Blogger Andrew Mavin said...

Do you want your Ritter Yoguart Chocolate of NOT!!!

 
At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charming man your dad, whose memorable words will stay with me forever:"You stick to your music and I will stick to rugby".

Or that mentioned that if you can live with the weather they have from South Shields you can live anywhere...

I will see him again at your wedding, booked our tickets.

Cheers..

Giovanni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home