MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Monday, February 27, 2006

Ecosse!

Damn them ... damn them all! But to be fair .... well played!! Excellent defensive work from the guys in Blue. Despite being the only Englishman in the "The Bank" (a bar in Brussels) I did receive many free drinks from the normally tight Scots there present. I now have to sit the whole day at work with St. Andrews flags all over my desk. This is punishment for putting the same Scottisjh flags all over the desk of a Frenchman who works for me. He, however, is a contractor ....so he had better tread carefully.

Didnt care much for the reinactment of "Braveheart" before the match started .... next year we will scare the living daylights out of them by a reinactment of the 1956 Morris Dancing final between the "Shropshire Steppers" against the "Derbyshire Dancing Ninnies".

3 Comments:

At 11:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only I could muster any enthusiasm in sport, I'd have a worthwhile comment.

 
At 5:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polish yer knee bells and wave yer jingly stick, singin hey noddy noody ho....

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Andrew Mavin said...

Ian, I am sorry, I didn't realise you were a Morris Dancer as you seem an expert. No offence meant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home