MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Friends Reunited

Tonight, I hope to be reunited with a very good friend whom I haven't seen for 20 years. We lost contact when we went to different sixth form schools.

We shared a lot of experiences in school, I always called on him on the way to school, sometimes playing snooker and playing the piano early in the morning, he was Noah Claypole to my Oliver, we were both brothers in Joseph AHATC, he helped me home one time after I was beaten up, he played Euphonium and guitar and so shared a lot of musical experiences. I think we did our associated board exams together!


The reason for meeting up is simple .... Monopoly! I was clearing out a cupboard the other day and found my old Monopoly Board. Inside the cover was a statement ... it reads





I think this was around 1984/5 ish ... funny how my signature hasn't really changed!

After kick starting some nice memories, I decided to pop his name into Friends Reunited and got in contact.. It is also ironic that he walks past the Cannon Street Office in London every day! So here I am waiting for the clock to move to 1640 so that I can leave and make my way to "The George" pub .........

Hope I will recognise him!



1 Comments:

At 1:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear andrew, are you the same andrew who went to boldon comp. i used to play the tuba in wind band and i lived next door to jason smith. i used to be called kate obrien and if your the right andrew you helped me with a music project when i was a student nurse. anyhow hope to hear from you.my email address is peterbrundle@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home