MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Monday, February 26, 2007

Irish Translation

As you can see, the board says


" Live Music Saturday 24th at 9PM with Andrew"




What I didn't realise was that in the Irish Language this translates to ......

" Live Music Saturday 24th at with Andrew but if some people want to watch the France v Wales game then he wont go on until 11PM"

Needless to say despite turning up at 17.00 to set up, staying there for the Ireland england game, no one mentioned anything about the change of timings etc. So, with around 20 people turning up to expect to see "moi" (some from Holland, some from England and some from the North of Belgium) AND having dragged John from Den Haag for the weekend, we packed up and gear and walked out.

Thanks for those who also got up and walked out and joined us again at the Churchills bar where Bai was playing .... we ended up having quite a fun night! Thanks Bai for letting us take over your gig .... it would have been an empty night without us lets face it!

Again, thanks to Rachel, Giovanni, Roman, John, Janneke, Louise, Kippa, Capri, Bai, Oliver, Nadia, Marije, Tom, Sarah, Isobelle, Isobelles friend, Tonys friend, Ciaran, Calvaugh, Sian, frined of Sian (sorry), and many others who either joined us at Churchills, or left after we pulled out.

Due to play there next month, and I'll have to go and speak to them about this. I still wanna play there, but I will only be dealing with Bryan ..... he is the only sensible one there and I still feel I let him down a bit .... hey ho .....

2 Comments:

At 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very like the poster you got at The Black Pearl in Newbiggin last year. Please can you send me a recording of baby Stole/Took/ My Heart or whatever it's called - and the chords because it is a song I'd like to hear again and play myself. I'd also like to find the chord tabs for the Roxanne acoustic version you do - any chance of getting these things to me. In return I will send you some English sweets or something.

 
At 5:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had an absolutely fantastic time, wished we could have gone on till the morning! Loved the music and the musicians, such passion and joy, how it's supposed to be! Hope you're not too upset about the JJ fiasco, you shouldn't be, you gained three fans just by playing the little you did. I'm in awe! Love your voice! Hope to hear you again soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home