MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Monday, July 31, 2006

The North

Had a wonderful time soaking up the sun, sea, sand and Minchellas ice cream while back at home this weekend.



Met some old pupils while I was there. Always a strange thing that seeing people who you spent a lot of time with from the ages of 11-16, then see them again when they are pushing prams or looking so much more mature than you remember them. This is the reason I give for not remembering their names or faces anyway. So I have to say Hi to Karly, Vicki and Ruth ...... and yes I do remember their seconds names ..... Wallace, Williams and English.

Visited Rothbury, one of the most beatiful villages in Northumberland ..... sorry Newbiggen BTS ..... Saw my old school's new buildings which look very impressive. The Tyne Bridge which again made me go all lumpy (in the throat) Cleadon, home of my Fairy Godmother Enid and of course a couple of days with my Dad in South Shields.



We spent an interesting evening at the Riverside Cricket ground at their rendition of Last Night of the Proms with 2 very good opera singers who were unfortunealtey supported by the Riverside Tavistock Band. they used to be the Brown Ale band until they lost sponsorship. It was good to see some familiar faces, but I have to admit to sitting and listen to a fairly sub standard performance. It was a very similar programme to 2 years ago so nothing really that new to listen to.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh Minchella's.
Its a little lump in the throat for all Northerners

 

Post a Comment

<< Home