MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So long my friend

A very good and special friend of mine has left Brussels to return to his native London.

For those of you who met James will be reminded of his humour, generosity, DJing, drinking capabilities, smile, spikey hair, kindness, helpfulness, sarcasism, wit, humour, help, superb Usher, Man of the Match award winner at my wedding, Stag Night organiser, dirty flat, PS2 competitiveness, but most of all, his spirit of fun!

So as a thank you to James, I present this photo of him arriving back home showing me his army uniform ...... Hmmmm.

Good Luck James in your new adventure, you will be long remembered by your Friends here in Belgium.

Can I invite all of you to put a small thank you on this blog so that he can read it? Thanks!

7 Comments:

At 4:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved to London to get away from Ledger then he turns up last week,
makes me go out drinking until 4am on a Wednesday, falls asleep on my
settee fully clothed and then goes to work (late) wearing the same suit, shirt etc.....not bad for his first week! .... anyone in Brussels want him back?

Nick Wheatley

 
At 4:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never blogged in my life.... a complete virgin blogger ..... but your words echo ... my own thoughts.... as I have said in the past... my best work.... after that, it all went down hill!

Carol (James Mum) Ledger

 
At 8:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He turned up here on Friday...kept me up drinking all night, fell asleep on the couch and then got up to collect a rental van, load his stuff and make his way back to London...not bad for his last week....things will never really be the same again.

Pete

 
At 11:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, you are sorely missed. Remember you're just a train journey away from Brussels - make sure you come back soon and let me know when so I can buy you a beer. Thanks for the really nice "dad" email, really lovely. Let me have your email address when you sort yourself out and good luck in Laaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhdan. I really hope it works out for you.

Nick Y

 
At 5:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! James,

remarkable DJ at the Andrew & Louise wedding.. heard that your contribution to the stag night was primordial (did nto attend as wife BDAY was on same day). Hope that in London you can do what you do nto like but at least earn a few grands more and besides train journey is pretty short so drop by but before doing so drink a lot of stale british ale and lager so that you appreciate Belgian beer even more..

cheers

Giovanni

 
At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeees, this is scary reading. It reads like an obituary.
But thank you all for the nice comments, you will all be truly missed and the memories I have of my time with you all, will stay with me forever, no matter how hard I try to forget.
Special thanks to Mr Mavin for his help in my relocation. Couldn’t have done it without you mate. You’re a star!!
If any of you are ever in the (or score some) big smoke, do look me up. Otherwise I’ll catch up with you on future visits to Brussels….
So it’s not goodbye, more au revoir.

 
At 11:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,

will miss you above all for your wit and good humour - should give me a chance to do some serious pub crawling in London though - if ever I make it across that damn Channel :))

PS: Tottenham forever !!!!

Oliver

 

Post a Comment

<< Home