MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Chapter One - My Story





On Sunday 22nd April, I decided to move house. Although the free food, drink and sleeping arrangements were excellent, the living room was a tad cramped, so I wanted to have a look elsewhere for a place to live.


Mummy and Daddy seemed happy to be living where they were so I thought I would join them.

However, the escape route I had learned about during my last couple of weeks seemed a little to small for my liking, but my determination drove me on and on. I knew that with some help from Mummy, I could push my way down.

After over 18 hours of chiselling my way towards the intended escape hatch I could almost see a chink of light. Down and down I tried, pushing and squeezing my little head through the gap, but alas, it wasn't to be. Then, I had a reoccurrence of the very strange nightmare I had the other day about being attacked by Dyson Floor Cleaner. This is where a vacuum cleaner tries to eat me by grabbing my head. I didn’t like this at all and decided to retreat back to my cosy little home. I had decided not to move out after all.

So there I was, back at home sitting pondering the next move, when all of a sudden there was a bright light!, lots of noise, green coats, people with masks all staring down at me. Naturally, I screamed. And screamed again and again ... oh ... and again. A nice looking lady took quite a fancy to me and took me away from this madness that had come over me, and before I knew anything else had happened, there I was in the comforting arms of Daddy showing me to mummy, who, incidentally, was hiding from the strange people behind a green cloth.

Now, I am in a lovely little room, with Mummy and Daddy, all wrapped up safely. I think it is their home. There is Champagne and laughter so I must be there. But the same strange people do pop in every now and then to ask questions, so maybe I am still at that place Mummy mentioned to Daddy the other day .... I think it was called 'hospital'.

Daddy tells me that he received well over 100 text messages and voice mails. He says he is very grateful for all of these very kind words. Mummy likes sitting in her bed a lot. I think this is because she is still a little tired and strained from all the work she put in. But she has the most marvellous design in drink cabinets!

As well as Daddy and Mummy, I have a God Daddy and a God Mummy. Sadly, Jeremy and Susie couldn't make it today, but I can’t wait to see them soon as well. Apparently they bring presents!

Today, Grandpa and Grandma came from France to see me. They seemed nice, but I was asleep most of the time. I said hi to Grandad and Granny 2 in England over the phone on Sunday evening who seemed very happy to hear from me.
Be back in touch soon.

Benjamin James Mavin
3.640 Kilograms (8lb 1 oz)
52 cm
Brussels

15 Comments:

At 3:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He seems remarkably placid (just like his Daddy) after such a disquieting start. He is a beautiful boy and you deserve him. Now that he knows you all, of course, he can start defining the direction of your lives for you. That'll be fun. Make sure you play some Frank Zappa to him soon. Oh yes, and the Great Composers, too.

 
At 3:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Benjamin, to the world.
Glad to hear of your safe arrival and everyone is doing well. Now we can relax now that you're here, well we can but your Mummy and Daddy will have all the hard work. Just wait till they have gone to sleep then cry, works wonders, as does toxic waste in the nappy !!! Just tell them that green is normal and makes wonderful face cream.
Seriously though well done to you all. All our love to all. And then there were three. cue Genesis
Iain and Jane XXXX

 
At 4:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news!!! Another year we won't forget. All the best to mummy and daddy and welcome young Benjamin. Ask your dad to play some "happy the man". I am sure he will soon!

 
At 7:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic, Congratulations to Mum and Dad from both of us.

Ian & Rebecca

 
At 7:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toutes mes félicitations pour cet heureux événement ! Benjamin est enfin là pour le plus grand Bonheur de Louise & Andrew ! Josiane & Lionel

 
At 9:20 am, Blogger Eth Tedeschi said...

Erm - I thought this blog was about tour dates and gigs?

When are you playing next?

...only joking. :)

Massive congratulations. Rememebr the joy you feel now when the acne strikes...

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger Unknown said...

YAY!!!!

congratulations yound man!
Very pleased to be welcoming you in this beautiful (if rather crap these days) world of ours!
It'll be a pleasure to share it with you!
And to mom and dad: good work! I just love it how 1+1 sometimes = 3! :o)

Much love to you all

 
At 9:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful boy! Welcome to the world, you kept us waiting but we're so happy you're now finally here safe and sound! We look forward to hearing about all your great adventures, and well, seeing that you look like your mom and talk like your dad, some adventures they will be! God help us all!!!

Lots of love,

Marije, Tom, Daniel and Sophie

 
At 10:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both....wonderful news.

Lou has that look of indescribable fatigue after the delights of a section!

Benjamin looks very cute

lots of love to you three,

Dave, Sarah Joseph and jake

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger Giovanni Calzetti said...

Again, congratulations. Beautiful baby, who luckily took his good looks from her mom. From dad he will probably get the love for music and Genesis. Good job and now off to new adventures. What will Season 2 in Antibes have in store? We shall find out soon.

Big kisses from Giovanni and Rachel (PS I still owe 5 pints of Guinnness to the proud parents)

 
At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi andrew
got the photos and will get copy to peter hpe all is well at your end you can mail me direct at jimrobertson2910@aol.com to send any more photos

 
At 12:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Benjamin looks V cute indeed & mummy & daddy both look suitably chuffed with themselves too - as they should!

CONGRATULATIONS & lots of love to all three of you.

Ali xx

 
At 3:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO TEAM MAVIN !!!
I'm sooo happy for you.
Wishing you all, love luck and happiness...
x
JL

 
At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the machine, young Benjamin. Looks like you've got the right attitude - keep Daddy looking as haggard as he does in these pictures and you'll be doing well. Looking forward to introducing you to a (slightly) older woman who will teach you how to poke Daddy in the eye when he's sleeping.

Present on the way!

Love to Mummy and Daddy too from Jason, Kate and Izzy.

 
At 8:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations both of three, especially for the nice Mavin who have understood almost everything about the modern life and communication.
Reine share my pleasure of the best new from this time : your birth Mavin.
NB : after we'll voted for a new President, today... !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home