MavinsBlog

This Blog is no longer in use. Please go to http://69.89.31.103/~romanonl/andrewmavin/ There will be a .com address soon. Thanks for commenting here, hopefully we'll see you at the other place. cheers Andrew

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sorry, Its been a while



Currently in London for work which gives me the chance to grab those things you cant get in Belgium. It is a strange list but I dont think there is anything wrong in going to Tescos for Ambrosia Rice Pudding, Jacobs Cream Crackers, Revels, Creme Eggs, Stilton cheese, Toffee Crisp and Flake.

I have to admit that I felt really annoyed coming out of the shop especially as the till girl (is that sexist?) was the most obnoxious and annoying person I had met in London. Rude, short and curt can only describe the manner in which she deposited my carefully choosen goods into the bag, literally demanded money from me, threw the change back in my hand without a by or leave. (OK, maybe I shouldn't have worn my Newcastle Scarf). Anyway .... not happy.

Something else troubles me about Londoners .... why dont they look you in the face on the tube? I love to people watch, especially during the student break in Brussels, but here they seem to live in their own little world ignoring all that is going on around. They almost seemed ashamed of what they are doing, where they are etc. Odd ..... or maybe it is me?



I spent a really nice night last night with my good friend Jeremy and his good friend, so now I suppose also my good friend John. Jez has just moved into a new place .... but has the added attraction of a small recording studio next door which they are also renting. Not only did they provide excellent food and wine, but they also provided me with more MP3s of old 70's music that is commercially unavailable. I can now throw out all of Rick Wakeman LPs as I have them all now on MP3. Listening to them is purely nostalgic. They are truely awful listening to them .... but sleep soundly now I have them ... Thanks Jez!

Well, I feel a lot more refreshed now after a weekend of pretty much doing nothing. Back to the grind this week at work with a 2 day trip to London, followed by another night in Brugge, then a trip to the British Embassy to sort out one final bit of documentation for the Wedding.

We then will have 6 days in France to arrnage all the final pieces of jigsaw for the wedding. There is still lots to do but I think once the french trip is over, things will be much more clearer ..... we hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home